The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Totally Unified Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

I would like to see a totally unified toolbar instead of a white bookmark bar.
An all Gray Front and maybe some Safari like mouse over actions would give
OmniWeb a Powerful look.

Pax vobis
Dan
 
+1 for this. It was a strange UI choice having such a starkly different-colored favorites bar. The buttons on the nav bar could use a refresh as well -- see the Hicks replacement icons for some ideas.

Hopefully some of this awaits us in 5.6, rather than waiting until version 6.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcoreUFO
The buttons on the nav bar could use a refresh as well -- see the Hicks replacement icons for some ideas.
Amen! I could not use OW without Jon Hicks' replacement icons.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam
Amen! I could not use OW without Jon Hicks' replacement icons.
Perhaps The Omni Group could hold a contest for amateur designers to develop their next set of OW's icons for the 6.0 release? That could get some users involved that might have not tried the browser before.
 
Thats a great idea. I don't think anybody out there likes the default Omniweb toolbar icons this would be a good way to advertise Omniweb to new users and get a fantastic new look at the same time.
 
I like the latest Sneaky Peek so much - I've put my favourite icon set over on to it - you can get them here if you like :)

Edit: a Bookmarks.png icon got in there instead of a .tiif - now included, sorry...

Last edited by Splutter; 2007-09-15 at 01:37 AM.. Reason: oops!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by slooude View Post
Thats a great idea. I don't think anybody out there likes the default Omniweb toolbar icons this would be a good way to advertise Omniweb to new users and get a fantastic new look at the same time.
Really? I actually love the default icons. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the blue aqua-ness of the separate address bar. It seems much darker than it should be on my MacBook Pro..
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by slooude View Post
Thats a great idea. I don't think anybody out there likes the default Omniweb toolbar icons this would be a good way to advertise Omniweb to new users and get a fantastic new look at the same time.
I personally really like the OW icons. Clean, simple, functional. I'm not a fan of the "trendy just because" or "cool because it's cool" type designs. I have yet to find another set of icons that work as well as the default. Jon's are nice, but have problems. There should be a reason behind each design element.

That said, I have configured my browser a bit to make it more clean, simple and functional than how it looks by default.

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcoreUFO View Post
+1 for this. It was a strange UI choice having such a starkly different-colored favorites bar. The buttons on the nav bar could use a refresh as well -- see the Hicks replacement icons for some ideas.

Hopefully some of this awaits us in 5.6, rather than waiting until version 6.
This is going to look even stranger tomorrow in Leopard.

Bookmarks are part of the UI chrome, not the web view. Making this toolbar white is conveying the wrong idea.
 
I know this is an old thread, but I dug in and found it and think having the shortcut bar unified with the toolbar in color would be a welcome change.
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bonjour sync totally broken on my Mac under 10.6.1 kidtreo Bonjour sync 15 2009-10-15 04:58 PM
Synch Time on Iphone is totally unacceptable soccerplayer OmniFocus Syncing 40 2008-08-09 08:34 AM
Due dates totally off in view bar! hexatron OmniFocus 1 for Mac 2 2007-11-29 03:34 PM
Unified Toolbar? Jon Hicks OmniWeb Feature Requests 17 2006-05-11 02:53 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.