The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Lost titles of imported tasks from iCal Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Some recent changes in the iSync code several days ago broke my workflow with the mobile. If I enter a task on the phone and isync it to the computer, OmniFocus will fall over it because the "[project]" suffix is missing. Instead of leaving the project column empty, OmniFocus empties the description of the task and uses an arbitrary project. I already lost several tasks by this behaviour.

Of course I wrote a feedback already, but it's in the queue probably of some other 100000 bugs now, for several days.

Wondering if there is a workaround for that? Anybody else experiencing this?

Unfortunately I cannot enter the [] character on the phone to create a sensible task description that OF understands.

Stefan

Last edited by Schimmi; 2007-11-12 at 06:22 AM..
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schimmi View Post
Wondering if there is a workaround for that? Anybody else experiencing this?
I just got bitten by that bug, after coming back from a conference where I entered a number of new actions on my Palm. I haven't figured out a workaround yet.
 
I'm not seeing exactly the same behaviour... I already reported that I was getting activities without titles in OF after I do a sync and also I was getting todos without titles in iCal BUT now the incorrect iCal entries have disappeared. The problem in OF is still happening. But all of my entries in iCal have a project name so I do not think that is the issue.
 
The 94428 build (which will be posted in about 20 minutes) fixes some problems with synchronization an action's name with iCal, particularly for actions which have no project specified or which include a colon or brackets as part of the name.

If you're still seeing issues in 94428 or later, please let us know!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
The 94428 build (which will be posted in about 20 minutes) fixes some problems with synchronization an action's name with iCal,
Thanks for this fast response. Seems to work fine.

Stefan
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
If you're still seeing issues in 94428 or later, please let us know!
Ken--many thanks! I just tried it with 94442 and it works fine.
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sub/Indented Tasks lost during sync bergdoll OmniFocus for iPad 3 2011-03-24 05:33 PM
Lost ALL Tasks (ToDo) harringg iCal Sync 0 2010-04-23 05:00 PM
Projects with no available tasks - titles still showing up despite filter Rockyroad OmniFocus 1 for Mac 5 2009-12-06 12:24 PM
Imported from iCal, but can't see Actions in Contexts DWS iCal Sync 1 2008-01-16 10:55 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.