The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Why a Due Soon AND and Overdue context? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Having both a Due Soon and an Overdue context on the iPhone app has proven redundant and extremely annoying for my workflow. It forces me to go back and forth just to see what needs to be done.

Why not just put the Overdue items in with the Due Soon items? Leave the overdue items red and the due soon items orange to make them visually obvious and list the overdue items at the top. This way the user would only have to view one list to see what needs to be done rather than going back and forth all the time.

Does this annoy other people or am I missing something about how to properly use the app?

kman

It doesn't bother me. This helps me focus on the Due Soon items first. I can understand the frustration of not being able to scan all items. However, the scanning should probably be done in a context. You don't want to be looking at Due Soon items that you cannot complete.

At a minimum, I'd like to see overdue and due soon combined on the iPhone app also, and that would be more consistent with the default 'Due' perspective on the desktop. I've suggested going one step further and lump in flagged items to create a 'Today' view of due, over due, and flagged items.

My request is actually different ;-)

I'd like to see the value of "due soon" on the iPhone version be different to the "due soon" value on the OS X version. That way, I can keep the badge # from inducing unnecessary panic. I have it at 7 days on the OS X version so I can see what's coming up over the week, and it automatically sets the iTunes version to the same and slaps 30+ in my dock badge :-(

I keep my 'due soon' dates on the desktop and iPhone the same. Well, technically speaking everyone does but I always assumed that it was a bug that the preference gets overwritten during sync. Is it intentional that you cannot set it at 7 days on the desktop and 2 days on the iPhone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
I keep my 'due soon' dates on the desktop and iPhone the same. Well, technically speaking everyone does but I always assumed that it was a bug that the preference gets overwritten during sync. Is it intentional that you cannot set it at 7 days on the desktop and 2 days on the iPhone?
I don't know whether it's intentional or not. It doesn't really matter... that's the way it IS right now, and there's no option for anything else.

I reported it to support a while back so it's known... dunno if/when they're planning on changing the behavior tho'