The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb 5.5 now available. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Everyone,

OmniWeb 5.5 is now available for download! You can grab it here:

<http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omniweb/download/>

There haven't been any changes since the release of release candidate 1 but you can learn about the many of the changes that have gone into OmniWeb 5.5 over the beta cycle on our release notes page here:

<http://www.omnigroup.com/application.../releasenotes/>

OmniWeb 5.5.1 is coming along and we hope to have sneaky peeks available soon! We'll be sure to let you all know when those become available.

Thanks
-Troy

How does this work as far as supported versions? Will you still provide support on 5.1.3?

Well we wont be fixing any more bugs for 5.1.x but we most certainly support it and answer any questions people have; if someone writes in with an OmniWeb 4 question we support that as well.

5.5 is simply awesome! Great work.

What's the upgrade cost for 5.1 licensees? I'm not looking for a free upgrade (as programmers don't work for free), but I didn't see anything in the store for upgrade costs.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.a.duke
What's the upgrade cost for 5.1 licensees? I'm not looking for a free upgrade (as programmers don't work for free), but I didn't see anything in the store for upgrade costs.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jon
Free ninety free.

An OmniWeb 5 license is good for all versions of OmniWeb 5... from 5.0 to 5.999.999 (were we to ever get that far).

You won't need to upgrade your license until we come out with OmniWeb 6.0--which hasn't even hit the planning stages yet but will hopefully include more paradigm-shifting ideas in the way that 5.0 introduced workspaces and site preferences.

please hurry up with a 5.5.1 beta. At the moment Omniweb is not suitable for me, because it's not working with wordpress ajax comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.a.duke
...I'm not looking for a free upgrade (as programmers don't work for free)...
Ssssh! Don't give them any ideas. :eek: