The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Populate Template Placeholders Script problem Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've recently been having difficulty with Curt's (awesome) Populate Template script.

I get an error message when it runs of "Can't get last paragraph of missing value" before it does anything.

I have tried with the last few versions, thinking it could be an issue peculiar to a new version, but it remains the same.

Today I quit OF, re-downloaded and re-installed a fresh version of the script.
I ran the script on one of my templates and lo, it worked (almost).

It started working, took all of my placeholder details and then began, but soon ended with an error of something to do with Can't set type of text to numbers (??? I think).
It did duplicate the project and I noticed it did populate the first entry, but no others.

Sorry for the sketchy details - I tried running the script again, to get the error message, but now I get my previous error message, and the script does not run at all - just like before.

Thanks
Nick
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoz View Post
I've recently been having difficulty with Curt's (awesome) Populate Template script.

I get an error message when it runs of "Can't get last paragraph of missing value" before it does anything.

I have tried with the last few versions, thinking it could be an issue peculiar to a new version, but it remains the same.

Today I quit OF, re-downloaded and re-installed a fresh version of the script.
I ran the script on one of my templates and lo, it worked (almost).

It started working, took all of my placeholder details and then began, but soon ended with an error of something to do with Can't set type of text to numbers (??? I think).
It did duplicate the project and I noticed it did populate the first entry, but no others.

Sorry for the sketchy details - I tried running the script again, to get the error message, but now I get my previous error message, and the script does not run at all - just like before.

Thanks
Nick
Nick,

The script still works for me in the latest build. The first error you're getting indicates that you don't have a note field in the project selected for duplicating, perhaps because you're trying to duplicate a duplicate which had its placeholders erased from the note? The other error was more likely "Can't set type of number to string". Do you have an action in your template that is just a number?

I should make the error checking in the script more robust. Could you send me the template you're having trouble with off-forum? (Easiest way is probably to display the template in OF, expand all, display all the notes, and take a screen shot. My email address is in the script instructions.)
__________________
Cheers,

Curt
 
Quote:
Could you send me the template you're having trouble with off-forum?
Hi Curt.
As requested I sent you an email but have not heard back. Perhaps you did not get my email??

Thanks.
Nick
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoz View Post
Hi Curt.
As requested I sent you an email but have not heard back. Perhaps you did not get my email??

Thanks.
Nick
Nick,

I'm afraid I did not. Probably got trapped in a spam filter. Please send it again and include an unambiguous subject line so I can pluck it out of my junk box.
__________________
Cheers,

Curt
 
Nick,

Got your email and replied with an "instrumented" version of the script that should do a bit more error checking and reporting. Check your spam filters if you haven't received it.
__________________
Cheers,

Curt
 
Thanks to Nick's testing efforts, I've posted a new version of the Populate Template Placeholders script. Fixed a bug, added placeholder replacement in notes and Growl notification.
__________________
Cheers,

Curt
 
Curt - you are the man.

Thanks for all of your scripting goodness.

Nick
 
I just got this error under build 90966:

"AppleScript reported the following error:
OmniFocus got an error: Can't make «class OTva» of tree 4 of tree 8 of sidebar of document window id 50315 of document id "ecGx11m0LBr" into type reference."

Will the updated script fix this?
KS
 
Yes.

And please note that the polite thing to do would be to download the most recent version and try it before asking about bugs in an old version. I supply and support the scripts as a community service. I certainly don't have time to support old scripts with acknowledged bugs.
__________________
Cheers,

Curt
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Populate Template Placeholders not working in Mountain Lion belizardi OmniFocus 1 for Mac 6 2013-03-18 07:54 AM
Populate Template Placeholders script Not filling placeholders Tim1 OmniFocus 1 for Mac 2 2013-03-11 03:32 PM
'Populate Template Placeholders' could not complete. Solana OmniFocus 1 for Mac 5 2012-03-21 09:53 AM
Populate Template Placeholders, 0.6.1 curt.clifton OmniFocus Extras 28 2011-10-14 07:21 AM
Curt Clifton's Populate Template Placeholders bcap OmniFocus Extras 1 2011-02-17 09:31 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.