The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.7.1 for iPhone is now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniFocus 1.7.1 is a minor update to OmniFocus which improves the handling of due items and fixes a number of bugs.

NOTE: OmniFocus 1.7.2 is now available, fixing 1.7.1's compatibility issue with iOS 3.0/3.1.

Due Items
  • When multiple tasks are due at the same time, OmniFocus displays a single alert representing all of them rather than displaying a sequence of alerts.
  • Due reminders can now be disabled altogether in Settings.
  • Due alerts now play audio and vibrate by default. (If you prefer silent alerts, you can turn this off in Settings.)
  • Due projects are now included in the Overdue and Due Soon lists, just like they are in OmniFocus for iPad and OmniFocus 1.8 for Mac.

Quick Entry
  • Fixed a bug with the "Send to OmniFocus" bookmarklet on iOS 4 where the name of the new task would get cleared.
  • Using Quick Entry while incorporating synced changes will no longer lose track of those new items when the sync happens to compact the database.
  • Fixed a rare crash encountered in Quick Entry when a new item was "cleaned up" before any edits were made.

Undo
  • Fixed an undo bug on first launch where using Undo could undo the creation of the entire database rather than just the latest change.
  • Fixed a bug which prevented undoing the delete of an attachment which had been synchronized from a different device.

Miscellaneous
  • Bonjour syncing no longer requires an app restart when switching networks or resuming from the background.
  • Enabled iTunes file sharing so you can download and upload the OmniFocus database using iTunes.
  • When filtering projects to only show the available actions, they now also show any action groups which contain available actions (so that you can get to available actions which aren't at the top level).
  • Fixed a regression in 1.7 where it was impossible to move items inside other items until you rotated the device between portrait and landscape mode.
  • Worked around a bug in iOS 4 which caused the error "Unrecognized date string for transaction" for some locales.
  • Fixed a rare crash encountered while updating a grouped list of actions.
  • Fixed several landscape orientation layout issues.
  • OmniFocus will no longer attempt to record audio on an iPod touch when it doesn't have a microphone plugged in. (This fixes a bug where attempting to record audio on an iPod touch without a mic would break image attachments.)
  • Opening an "omnifocus:" URL (with no path) will no longer present an "Invalid URL" dialog.
  • Updated the Due Soon icon so its hands point to a different time than the Due icon.
  • Updated the Search icon to match the style of the other icons.

We love hearing from you! You can reach us by tapping Send Feedback on the Settings screen, sending email to omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com, tweeting to @omnifocus, or calling 1-800-315-OMNI or +1 206-523-4152.

Last edited by Ken Case; 2010-08-22 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: 1.7.2 is now available

Just curious....

By coming soon does this mean that the big "A" has approved it and we're now waiting for it to propagate on the servers (kinda like the iPad release)?

Awesome! Can't wait! Thanks!

Thank you for some important fixes. And thanks for updating the UI to refelect the due alerts. Please don't do something like that again. (updating functionality without informing users/giving them any choice UI-wise).

Found a little bug:

Due Reminders: you said it would play sound and vibrate. the sliders are named wrong:
first slider: show alerts
second slider: play sound
third slider: play sound

so I assume either the second or the third slider should say vibrate, right?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0133.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1534  

Last edited by FatalError; 2010-08-16 at 01:21 PM..

Heck, I don't even have the option to turn on or off vibrate! I only have two sliders, one marked Show Alerts, and one marked Play Sound. What happened to the vibrate option, or is it sound and vibrate in one setting (Play Sound)?

FatalError, I'm not sure why you're seeing two copies of that "Play Sound" setting, there should be just one Play Sound setting (which will also triggers vibration). There is also supposed to be a setting for whether calendar export is enabled, but it's not an on/off switch like the others (and like your screenshot clearly shows).

I'd love to track down why you're seeing something different from what I'm seeing. (I haven't looked into it yet, but maybe it's only broken in the German localization of OmniFocus?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
FatalError, I'm not sure why you're seeing two copies of that "Play Sound" setting, there should be just one Play Sound setting (which will also triggers vibration). There is also supposed to be a setting for whether calendar export is enabled, but it's not an on/off switch like the others (and like your screenshot clearly shows).

I'd love to track down why you're seeing something different from what I'm seeing. (I haven't looked into it yet, but maybe it's only broken in the German localization of OmniFocus?)
Ken,

I'm seeing the same thing as you are with my iPhone 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
I saw the same thing on my iPhone 3G, running iOS 4.0.2. Two sliders, both labelled 'Play sound'.

A reboot of the phone fixed it.

Al

Support Ninjas
A bug when entering a new Inbox Item remains in the latest iPhone version of OmniFocus (1.7.1).

If you Create a New Inbox Item, the Name of the item is Cleared if you select Context or Project prior to saving. This leads to items with blank Names but potentially filled in Context, Project and Date information. It is also possible to add the Context/Project information followed by the Name information, but that is a non-intuitive approach. If I select Save immediately after the Name information, the item is immediately sent to the Inbox where I can edit the item but obviating the utility of the Create New Inbox Item button (but I also think this feature is by-design to allow rapid entry of items to Inbox). One workaround is to enter the item's Name followed by the Due or Start information (which allows saving). In this situation, Context/Project information can be entered without reediting the item.

I've submitted a bug report