The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.5 Wish List Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am starting the official one (cause I can't find it anywhere)

1) Stats - In any view or filter, show me at the bottom how many projects / tasks / contexts. Show me how much I got done last week, last month, last year in terms of tasks and projects. Give me a quick view of how many projects are active, on hold, pending, completed, etc. Give me data, for I need to breath.

2) iPhone Integration - 'nuff said (ahemSDKahem).

3) Update the API to allow for differences (look to problems with ToodleDo <--> OmniFocus sync).

4) Sorting Done Better - Like auto sorting folders when I drop new things into it.

5) Speed - It is already getting pokey on my 24" iMac Core Duo with 2GB of RAM. That is wrong.

BZ

(6) Inherited due dates: In any sequential project/group, a later action with a due date forces all previous actions to be due that same time (unless they already have an earlier due date).

(7) Folders can contain single actions directly -or- a checkbox to hide/show single-action lists in Planning mode.

8) the ability to generate good looking printed reports (completed tasks, task by a particular context or project)

9) stronger and more varied export capabilities. (see: export woes)

2) iPhone integrartion?

In what way would you like the integration? The iPhone doesn't have a to do list, does it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvonk View Post
2) iPhone integrartion?

In what way would you like the integration? The iPhone doesn't have a to do list, does it?
I basically want what http://www.Toodledo.com/slim/ has but in an application that syncs. I want to be able to enter in projects, do review, add tasks, sort, filter, etc all on my iPhone.

BZ

10) If I enter a start date and time using the calendar, I want to be able to tab to the due date entry field without first having to click out of the calendar

11) Also, for those few dates that will fit from the previous and prior months in the calendar, please show them!

12) If I change the start date to something later than the due date, also update the due date - at the moment it is possible to have nonsensical date entry where the start is after the due date.

13) Keyboard shortcuts to move back and forth through the months in the calendar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
(6) Inherited due dates: In any sequential project/group, a later action with a due date forces all previous actions to be due that same time (unless they already have an earlier due date).
14) Similarly, if you have nested actions, the parent should adopt the earliest start and latest due dates of the children.

15) The ability to have iCal entries as events rather than to dos, with the ability to assign alarm(s) by default. This is important for phone synching reasons, where to do support is very limited in some phones.

Things that I have asked for already: -

16). I would like to be able to re-size the Start and Due columns in Context mode. At the moment, on a laptop with a 12" screen, the dates break onto two lines

17). Imagine the following: -

You use quick entry to add an item to a single action list called Next Actions and you don't enter a context.

You are using OF maximised (especially needed on a small screened laptop).

When you next go into OF the item may be at the bottom of the list. When you tab across to the context and start typing it in the list of contexts can fall off the end of the screen. This is especially the case when there are sub contexts e.g.

@Town: ABC Store
@Town: Books-R-Us
@Town: Camera Centre
etc.

18). I think that Omnifocus would benefit from Growl notification on receiving an email

19). It would be nice to have a shortcut command or toolbar button for Clear Perspective

I haven't asked for this: -

20). Better sorting - the ability to sort in a single action list in Planning mode to see which context you should be working in to get the most important thing done

21). Alarms when things are due

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia View Post
1) Stats - In any view or filter, show me at the bottom how many projects / tasks / contexts. Show me how much I got done last week, last month, last year in terms of tasks and projects. Give me a quick view of how many projects are active, on hold, pending, completed, etc. Give me data, for I need to breath.

2) iPhone Integration - 'nuff said (ahemSDKahem).

[snip...]

5) Speed - It is already getting pokey on my 24" iMac Core Duo with 2GB of RAM. That is wrong.
I'd especially love to see these three. In fact, I'd place the speed request as my number one item, with the other two close behind.

I also already requested that when right-clicking on the Dock icon, to arrange the list of Contexts hierarchically as is done in the sidebar of the Context mode. Right now, the list is flat and very long.