The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Email links / drag & drop filing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey all, I sent in a support request for drag and drop filing from inbox to context/project. Also sent in a request for functional email links (e.g. drag an email into note on the Mac, after sync ipad client recognizes this and links to the correct email on ipad).

If you'd also like to see these features be sure to email the friendly support ninjas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Stanczak View Post
Hey all, I sent in a support request for drag and drop filing from inbox to context/project. Also sent in a request for functional email links (e.g. drag an email into note on the Mac, after sync ipad client recognizes this and links to the correct email on ipad).

If you'd also like to see these features be sure to email the friendly support ninjas!
For the email request, it is Apple who needs to act, as it is the iPad and iPhone mail apps which don't understand the message id links that the Mac app provides. You can open the links made by OmniFocus directly in Safari on the Mac and you'll be taken to the proper message. Doing the same on an iP* device doesn't work, and that path involves nothing but Apple software.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html will get you a form for submitting feedback.

Thanks, palmer. I followed your link and submitted feedback to Apple about this issue.