The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to set initial review frequency on iPad Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm new to Omnifocus and have only the iPad and iPhone versions. I've transferred a bunch of projects over from my previous system and would like to set them up to review at the same time. I don't know how to do this.

Do I have to wait a full week from the time I set them up for them to appear in the Review panel?

I've been putting a few in here and there as time has allowed. So, if I have to wait a week for each project to appear, That means my reviews will always be staggered. Would prefer a way to comprehensively review all active projects at once.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geody View Post
I'm new to Omnifocus and have only the iPad and iPhone versions. I've transferred a bunch of projects over from my previous system and would like to set them up to review at the same time. I don't know how to do this.

Do I have to wait a full week from the time I set them up for them to appear in the Review panel?

I've been putting a few in here and there as time has allowed. So, if I have to wait a week for each project to appear, That means my reviews will always be staggered. Would prefer a way to comprehensively review all active projects at once.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
You don't have to do the review on that day that the review is due, the project will remain available in the review section until you review it. So if you do your review every Friday, just ignore review for the rest of the week. This will line up all of your reviews, assuming that they're all weekly.

You can also review any project whenever you want, by finding the project in the Project section and Holding down on the project title, this will offer 'Focus' 'Paste' 'Review' or 'New Action' Tap on review and you'll be dropped into review mode.

Whenever a project is in the review mode, you can change the review timescale by tapping on the box at the bottom to the left of Dropped. e.g. from every 1 week to every 1 month of every 3 months. This can be relaly important as you only want to be reviewing those project which need a regular review on a weekly basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffAirey View Post

You can also review any project whenever you want, by finding the project in the Project section and Holding down on the project title, this will offer 'Focus' 'Paste' 'Review' or 'New Action' Tap on review and you'll be dropped into review mode.
That's the magic I was hoping for! Thanks, Jeff! And, your point that I can review any projects that appear in the review panel really at any time to bring my projects in line is well taken. Seems obvious now, but for some reason this eluded me before :)

Don't worry about it. Omnifocus is a very complex product in lots of ways. it's how you choose to use it that either simplifies it or makes it complex.

Someone once said that the more complex the system, the simpler the workflow. but they may have been talking rubbish ;-)