The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Leopard and Drawers Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've read somewhere that Leopard does not support drawers as per OW... is thi true? If so, does that mean that apps like OW that use drawers will automatically use panes, or do the apps need to be re-written?

As I wait for Friday, I get more and more curious.

I would love to hear about this, as well.

I don't think they're gone altogether. Apple has clearly been moving away from drawers for a while now, and I think as of Leopard drawers are gone from all of their programs, but it would probably be too hackish for the OS to turn them all into panes; that couldn't nearly be guaranteed to work cleanly in all cases. I'm guessing drawers are still available, but deprecated. Only provided for backward compatibility.

Drawers are still around, don't worry :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
Drawers are still around, don't worry :)

Any chance they can be (optionally) swapped out for a sidebar?? See SafariStand.

What with new icons I was hoping that a more Leopardized look might be in the offing.

Not only are drawers still around, in Leopard they've gotten their first visual makeover since... 10.1? 10.2? They look quite nice now, with less noise and less wasted space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvh View Post
Not only are drawers still around, in Leopard they've gotten their first visual makeover since... 10.1? 10.2? They look quite nice now, with less noise and less wasted space.
I do agree that they look better in Leopard than ever.

I'd still love to have at least an option for a sidebar a la SafariStand and/or compact "normal" tabs.