The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lost Bookmarks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Members,

I've been using OmniWeb for a couple weeks now. I've added numerous bookmarks. Yesterday I backed up my Documents folder and restructured my folders in there. Might that have had some effect on my bookmarks? They are all back to the default setting. Preferences have not changed. I'm stumped and really want my bookmarks back as these are the only record I have!

Thanks for your time,
kb

Well I'm not sure what changes you made but OmniWeb checks for Personal Bookmarks and Favorites at this path:

~/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5/
(Where ~ is your home folder)

the Favorites file is called "favorites.html" and Personal Bookmarks is called "bookmarks.html". Could you have made some changes to your library folder?

Thanks,

I scouted around before posting here and I realize that's where my bookmarks are stored. I was wondering if there were any pref files in my Documents folder or anywhere else on my drive. I did not change the folder "~/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5/" at all yesterday. I did experiment with a few different backup apps though. That might have had some effect.