The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Javascript issue Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have just started using Omniweb and am loving it! Until ...

when trying to access the Bryce tutorials at http://www.robinwood.com I get told this site uses Javascript and I need a newer browser. I have Javascript enabled. It workss in Safari - just not in Omniweb

Ideas please!

I also have issues, I think with JS, when I encounter sites where you click on a link that is JS. Specifically, sites where you can click "here to print page." None of those work. I don't know if its a bug or I'm not doing something right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolok

when trying to access the Bryce tutorials at http://www.robinwood.com I get told this site uses Javascript and I need a newer browser. I have Javascript enabled. It workss in Safari - just not in Omniweb

Ideas please!
I get the same message with Safari and Camino - all have Javascript.

Anyone having issues with TV Guide?

http://www.tvguide.com/Listings/default.aspx

Highlighting a show's description and "X"ing out freezes the frame. Reloading the page fixes, but what a pain. I'm assuming this is Java.

Edit:
Wow, what's really weird is scrolling works from a mouse. The arrow or scroll bar does not work. I'm on a PowerBook and only use the mouse at work (now). This only occurs after closing the description via the "X".

Last edited by gldfshkpr; 2006-11-21 at 01:04 PM..

I'll add my voice to this thread. I absolutely love Omniweb. It's my favorite browser in any OS... until I click on an Javascript link and... nothing happens. I don't understand what might be wrong. I have Javascript fully enabled in the Omniweb preferences, so I don't know what more to do. I've been to a variety of web sites with Javascript links, and they never seem to work. Consequently I have to resort to using Safari, Firefox, Opera, etc. I don't have problems with the exact same links in any of these other browsers. So, if anyone from Omnigroup can shed any light on this one, I'd greatly appreciate it.. as would the others in the thread, I imagine. :D I'd love to be able to use Omniweb on a pretty much exclusive basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolok

Ideas please!
The version of WebKit that OmniWeb is currently based on also doesn't work at this site, so it is a WebKit issue, not an OmniWeb one. Assuming the later builds of WebKit have fixed this regression, then it'll get fixed in an update to OmniWeb. FWIW, if you click the middle button (unlabelled) at that site it'll take you to a page where it has URLs that can be clicked to access the tutorials etc.

You might want to e-mail the site owner to let them know that there site design is flawed. It should have a fall back mechanism for people who do not have Javascript (active) whereby the link should act as an HTML URL for them.