The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

multiple levels in utilities window Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I am just wondering how do you display multiple levels in the utilities window? For example I have 4 levels of information as shown below.

I. Level 1
A. Level 2
1. Level 3
a. Level 4
B. Level 2
1. Level 3

Currently, whenever I create an OmniOutliner document, I can only see the Level 1 information in the Utilities window. I know it is possible to show up to the Level 3 information since I saw this in one of the sample documents (A Study in Scarlet).

Hope you guys can help me. =)

You can expand the list by control-clicking on a parent entry in the list and selecting 'Show Subsections'. You will need to do this for each parent unless you use an AppleScript like this:

Code:
tell front document of application "OmniOutliner Professional"
	repeat with myRow in every row
		set children are sections of myRow to true
	end repeat
end tell

Hey Derek, I tried it and it works. Thank you so much!