The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Confused Sync 2 iPhones to Mac? And student licensing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a question, can two iPhones sync to one mac program? Can you setup two databases on the mac program and so each iPhone would have their own agenda?

Also what is how do you know if you qualify for student licensing, I know I can buy it through JourneyEd, but want to be sure before I purchase.

Thanks.

Last edited by chaddesignsndev; 2009-03-15 at 09:19 AM..

You can sync a bunch of iPhones to a single desktop, yes. However, they will all share the same database.

If you go to the online storefront on the Omni webpage, you can see student pricing details. Here's what you appear to need to supply:

Thanks, I don't know how you found those questions, I went to check out as student and still didn't see it.

Does anyone else know if theres a way to have two db of information for omnifocus on same machine.

Thanks.

I went to the education store, put something in my basket and started the checkout process...they were about halfway down the page.

OmniFocus isn't designed to sync different databases to different phones. If you want different databases on different phones, you need to have different databases on the desktop as well. You can do that, certainly. One approach would be to have two different user accounts on the desktop, each with its own OmniFocus database. You would then set up each one (and its associated phone) to sync to a different spot on your WebDAV server. It will be possible but somewhat inconvenient to move projects from one database to the other.