The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New Keychain Behavior in Mac OS X 10.8? [A: bug in 10.8 - see thread for workaround.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Has the keychain behavior changed from Mac OS X 10.7 to 10.8?

My keychain settings have not changed and are the following:

- Lock after 15 minutes of inactivity
- Lock when sleeping

In 10.7, I was asked for the keychain password from time to time. The dialoge was always for the keychain itself, i.e. I had to unlock the locked keychain.

In 10.8, however, OmniFocus and a few other applications ask for the keychain password. OmniFocus in particular does no longer sync its data with the Omni server if my Mac is running but I am not active.

Any ideas?

Martin

I have the SAME problem. I know my password works because I can login to the web interface. However, numerous times during the day I'll be prompted to enter my Sync Server credentials in OmniFocus even though I selected the option to save the password in the keychain.

This is very annoying.

Any ideas??

My OmniFocus on 10.8 is also prompting me for my credentials and not saving them in the key chain.

Have you verified that it is a case of not saving them in the keychain, versus saving them in the keychain but not retrieving them the next time they are needed? That would produce the same annoying behavior...

Sorry for the confusion - looks like this got mentioned over in the Sync forum, but not here. It's a bug in 10.8; we've seen it affect Mail as well as our own apps. You can work around the issue by launching OmniFocus manually, rather than via the clipping shortcut.

(Just leave the app running-but-hidden when you're not using it.)