The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Confusion: Nested Actions or Projects? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I find the UI rather confusing when it comes to nesting items in the content (outline) region of the window. Let's say I have a series of 4 actions in a project. If I indent the 3rd one, does that turn action 2 (the one above it) into a project? The inspector and the fact that it has a parallel/sequential toggle would lead you to believe so. Yet it doesn't show up in the list of projects in the sidebar, and it still retains an action checkbox on its left. But it's not really an action either, for there's no dot next to it on mouse over, and it can't be dragged. Is it some kind of project/action hybrid? Any help in understanding this would be appreciated.

-Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotster View Post
Is it some kind of project/action hybrid?
Yup, it's called an "action group."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Yup, it's called an "action group."
Aha, thanks for the tip. I just found it in the help.

-Steve