The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Landscape View for View of Actions in iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Any way of getting a landscape View of Actions in iPhone.
If not is this planned for future update?

No current landscape view. What specific benefits/features are you looking for in a landscape view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
No current landscape view. What specific benefits/features are you looking for in a landscape view?
I have some health issues which require daily monitoring, which I used to keep in an Excel database in my old Nokia Commander.

As iPhone has no spreadsheet functionality, OF has saved the day (pun intended)

I have set up a folder called Health, a project called Daily, and I enter each day's data as an action. The date is entered as the start date

I can view the daily results with difficulty on the iPhone, so a landscape view would enable the complete line to be viewed.

Viewing the daily results on the Mac is good. I can correlate changes in my data with lifestyle changes, and am using this, plus OF in general, to destress and to reclaim my life. And it is a work in progress, and much progress gained thus far, with a lot of help from OF.

Realise that OF is not designed as a replacement for a spreadsheet but it is working very well for my particular needs.

If a landscape view was ever contemplated, then also having the ability to use perspectives would be nifty - it is a great feature in OF for Mac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisblair View Post
I have some health issues which require daily monitoring, which I used to keep in an Excel database in my old Nokia Commander.
There's an excellent little app called FileMagnet that lets you copy all sorts of files, including Office and iWork documents, Text, PDF files etc.

If you wanted to, you could copy spreadsheet files over onto the phone for viewing. No editing available though.

Hi Lizard

I too would like a landscape mode. I find that many of my actions run past the 32 or so characters the iphone can display. I find having to go through many multiple clicks to see complete actions (and yes I try edit most of my actions, but sometimes it's just not possible, especially for work and project related tasks that involve others :) ).

Ideally, having a landscape mode as well as a setting that would provide a few font display sizes would be GREAT. I could view in landscape mode and set my font to a smaller size to review more in "one shot". Even a smaller font setting might help as a stand-alone solution.

I am using OF now on the road to keep track of projects, this would help significantly.

I will also e-mail a feature request for this. Thanks for a great product!