The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Line Label default font size Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does any one know how to set a default font size for line labels?

At the moment I just add them all then do a 'select similar' for all labels and change the point size in the Font inspector, fine untill I invariably need to add more lines!

Line labels share the same defaults as all other text, so if you inspect the Text Tool (Option-click it to inspect), then you can make that change.

Hope that helps,

Thanks Joel, I understand that. What I wonder is if there is a way to get the label text to remember changes to the default or set a different default to Helvetica 12pt?

If you set things up the way you would like them, save the document as a template and then use that template as your default, you will be able to achieve what you want.

I would like to change the default setting of the line label geometry to "parallel." Other than creating a template, is there a way to do that?

I'm not sure if this works for labels too, but what happens if you simply create a new line style with the labels as parallel (click and hold the line button in the toolbar and then create a new style from your selection - obviously, have a line and its label in the style you want on your canvas first)?

Last edited by JKT; 2009-05-17 at 06:59 AM..