The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus and Sync Server for my GTD needs? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In the market for a new solution to my "todo" and GTD needs. My ideal solution has the following:

-- Clean, fast interface to add tasks, tag them, search and sort them across multiple projects, roles (home, work) etc.
-- Available on Mac and iPhone/iPad (web is a bonus)
-- Seamless cloud-based sync (done the LAN sync route, but now spoiled by Evernote sync!)
-- Not a here-today gone-tomorrow company

As of today, no-one seels to fulfill all these needs. Things is a great app but has no cloud sync, Evernote has the sync and platform support but isnt really a "todo" app (and is cumbersome to use for this). OmniFocus is great, but atm lacks cloud sync (sigh).

Or does it? I read on this forum about Omni Sync Server but can't find out more information. Does this give me cloud sync, and if so, how can I use this with OmniFocus?

Of course, with iCloud raising awareness, everyone has been more or less forced to look at cloud sync, but as of today we seem to be in a holding pattern. True? Or am I missing something in OF ?

--Tim

Acutally, OmniFocus uses cloud sync through MobileMe's iDisk. Unfortunately, MobileMe is going to vanish.

Fortunately, though, the sync can easily be built into MobileMe's Calendar which is now CalDAV - at which will continue to exist in iCloud.

No need for MobileMe to sync OmniFocus to the cloud. OmniFocus will sync to any standard WebDAV service, including Omni's excellent, and free, sync server.

You can sign up for a free Omni Sync Server account here: https://www.omnigroup.com/sync/

We recommend this as the best way to sync data between OmniFocus on all your Macs and iOS devices.