The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Right click search shortcuts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One thing I find as a glaring omission is the ability to select some text, right-click it, and "search in Google" for the selected text.

In Firefox, this is handy, and further opens the search in a new background tab.

In Safari, with Safaristand or Saft, it goes on better by including the search shortcuts you have added. So I can search selected text in Google, Wikipedia, IMDB, Amazon, etc.

Not quite the same, but command-shift-f puts the selected text in the search field in the toolbar. Hit enter to search.

Nice tip, thanks.

Would still be nice to have them in the menu.

Yes second or third ths feature request. I'd love to see the "command-shift-f" feature switched to "right-click" and choose "search google" and have it auto enter the term and open the results in a new tab (ala Firefox).

Quote:
..."right-click" and choose "search google" and have it auto enter the term and open the results in a new tab (ala Firefox).
Even better if it could also include your search shortcuts as well.

"Even better if it could also include your search shortcuts as well."

That would be splendid...

Peace

The more I use OmniWeb, the more I miss this feature from Firefox. Being able to simply right-click on a term and automatically search in a new tab is pretty darn cool. I hope we see it in OmniWeb soon. At least as a preference that can be turned on.