The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb i'll miss you. But you betrayed me. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I cannot take it anymore, I love OmniWeb's features but it is such a useless browser, I do not regret paying £15 for it, I will never regret my purchase as it has served me well but I cannot stand the fact that it skips pages and jumps to a blank page.

I cannot use a browser that I cannot rely on, I always have to go back to Safari because OmniWeb will not view certain websites, especially many Blogspot blogs for example.

http://accidentallyawesome.blogspot....y-2-10809.html

And I am having problems paying in eBay checkout now, Safari being my only option,

I do not know why I am making this thread but I guess it is more for myself for trying to keep and old dog learning new tricks when the old dog is old and dying.

Safari does not have the bookmarks bar of omniweb nor does it have the incredible tats, this is what has kept me loyal to such a poor browser for so long, but sadly I need a one browser does all now and this is where safari wins.

:(

Hopefully OmniGraffe & OmniFocus will never let me down!

Loads fine here....

Not sure what you mean about skipping pages. I use it all the time, on literally hundreds of pages (at the moment, 49 windows and 331 tabs including this one). Are you running the sneaky peek?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-04-19 at 2.16.59 PM.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	1848  

Loads fine for me. Perhaps you have weird custom block filters that are screwing the page up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiec View Post
Loads fine for me. Perhaps you have weird custom block filters that are screwing the page up?
I am afraid this is not the case, my previous laptop had the same issue with the browser.

Got a screenshot of what it looks like? I've been laughing at the posts (at Dec. 12th already) and, page after page, the site loads fine.

Last edited by frankiec; 2011-04-20 at 04:20 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiec View Post
Got a screenshot of what it looks like? I've been laughing at the posts (at Dec. 12th already) and, page after page, the site loads fine.

Apologies for distorting the page.

Page loads fine for me. What's with the different url in the omniweb window in your screenshot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morto View Post
Page loads fine for me. What's with the different url in the omniweb window in your screenshot?
That's my problem, it redirects there after around 7 seconds

Hey OmniDazzler. My guess would be a problem with redirects and javascript involved with the iGoogle "Opensocial" plugin. I signed up for and installed it trying to duplicate, but wasn't able to. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekr View Post
Hey OmniDazzler. My guess would be a problem with redirects and javascript involved with the iGoogle "Opensocial" plugin. I signed up for and installed it trying to duplicate, but wasn't able to. :/
I am also redirected to tag.contextweb.com/

I do not know of Opensocial, could you explain how I would go about uninstalling it?