The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Public beta -- will it be feature complete? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I know the definition of beta is supposed to be "feature complete" but still working on stability issues (and more), but it seems that beta now has a very loose definition.

So, I am one of those people who is NOT drooling over getting an invitation to the alpha (=sneaky peek), but would rather wait for the public beta.

I am not looking for a specific date, but just interested in what goes into your decision to release a public beta.

2-3 days with no major crash reports?
feature complete?
mostly feature complete but working on a few interface issues?
flip a coin?
ask the guy at Zoka when to do it?
Wait for the Mariners to win 3 in a row (I hope not)

Just an inkling of what has to happen before a public beta is ready.

Thanks

I can't give an official answer to this, but I think unofficially, our public betas aim to be:
1) stable enough that we don't expect users to lose data (but we're sure we missed something somewhere, so PLEASE back up anything you care about!)
2) containing all the big features we plan to put in the release, and most of the small ones

Thanks for the unofficial answer.

Hoping to see the public beta in the next couple of months.

Last edited by fdlockhart; 2007-06-22 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: forgot a word