The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Speed Check Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My OmniFocus is crawling switching between projects and context views. It is taking a good minute to toggle back and forth. How fast is it taking for you? I think I read somewhere that things will speed up when the "zombie crash" check is turned off.

Thanks!

Revision: 87478

Same thing here. The last time OmniObjectMeter was enabled, performance was slow but tolerable on my MacBook Pro 2 GHz. Now it takes 27 seconds to switch from context to project view and vice-versa. I presume that it will be zippy again once OOM is disabled.

Good to know it is not just me and that it is part of the testing process. I'm at nearly a minute in between views.

My iBook takes a good 2-3 mins to switch from context to project view, but about half that time to switch vice versa. Can't wait for the problem to be fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fideli
Can't wait for the problem to be fixed.
It's not a problem, it's a feature!--for the developers, that is. It helps them debug the application. That's one of the tradeoffs for using alpha software.

I just rebooted after applying Apple's latest security update. Prior to the reboot it wa taking over a minute to switch. After reboot it takes only 10 seconds.

Nope, I have no clue.

iMac G5 PPC

Hmm. Interesting. I found that it was glacial using r87488 but after updating to the latest revision (r87491), it's much snappier, even though OOM is allegedly still on. I haven't restarted in between.

Go grab the latest build - the switch is almost instant, and a lot of the recent crashes (especially on quit) have gone. Much nicer - and it keeps styles!

Yes, I am happy to report that r87498-Alpha is 2-3 seconds in between project and context view.

When OOM is on, if you relaunch the application from time to time things will speed up.