The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Recent Perspective Changes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
We've recently added customizable keyboard shortcuts to perspectives, as well as allowing you to have toolbar icons for each perspective (open the toolbar customization sheet to drag the buttons to the toolbar). This allows for some nice feedback as to which perspective is active:

Better support for custom icons is coming, but as stated before you can drag a picture from your file system to the perspective window, and then your toolbar item will take on that icon.

Everyone here at Omni is really liking this, so I thought I'd make special mention.

As always, please send us any feedback you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas View Post
We've recently added customizable keyboard shortcuts to perspectives, as well as allowing you to have toolbar icons for each perspective (open the toolbar customization sheet to drag the buttons to the toolbar).
This program just keeps getting better and better. Thanks.

I'd really like the perspectives definitions to maintain with the data file so that they can be transported between machines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillychuck View Post
I'd really like the perspectives definitions to maintain with the data file so that they can be transported between machines.
The perspectives are stored in a directory called Perspectives in the same directory that the data file is in. Just copy that directory to the new machine too.

~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/Perspectives

Too much horizontal space on the bar. Hanging them off the edge isn't too bad, but I'd rather have a simple menu-pop-up with the active perspective selected and appearing on the bar. Not likely to use it even if it used more vertical than horizontal space since I use small icons only and would miss the text information (unless you come up with a set of slick icons for common perspectives).