The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus corrupting iphone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by boris.baesler View Post
@enderwiggin: You said, it happens after syncing with your mac. Is it possible, that your OF database is huge? Maybe the sandbox is getting backup into trouble if the application data is beyond whatever.
I know, that sounds pretty stupid... but as I am developer and qa guy too, I've seen a lot of stupid errors and made even more myself. It's just an idea, the problem sounds pretty strange to me.
Or did you give it a try with a different phone (to be sure, it's not a hardware specific problem)?
P.S.: If the apple guy knows, what he's talking about, there should be someone telling apple what all the sandboxing stuff is about. As far as I understood it (from the apple specs), it should be impossible for any application to corrupt others or the OS itself. For every application, it looks feels and works like the application is the only one on the phone or in the hole wide world.
Good suggestion but my database was small.

OmniFocus doesn't have access to the firmware, and its sandbox is completely isolated from the sandbox used by each other application. However, maybe iTunes is having trouble backing up OmniFocus' individual sandbox for some reason.

Does the backup actually fail (with some sort of error), or does it just seem to hang halfway through?

Have you checked the Console log to see if any messages there might indicate what's going on?

Last edited by Ken Case; 2008-08-13 at 08:13 AM..