The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The New Line Behavior in OmniGraffle 5.3: How to enable it, how it works Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Seem like some good changes, but there has been a bug in 5.3 with orthogonal lines disappearing sporadically and reappearing only after toggling their position. I am wondering if these upgrades had anything to do with it.

Hi, Could someone confirm if there is swim lanes in any stencils for Omni Pro? thanks, P

Sorry I'm a bit slow, can someone explain to me how to paste into the Terminal:
Thanks, P

This new line behavior is an immensely powerful addition for OG. This will allow users to create flows that follow the market standard in engineering and CAD. Finally, I'll be able to produce flows that can match the rigid development culture entrenched in the use of Visio.

Great job!

does this functionality still exist? I'm using 5.4.2 on a mac, not purchased through the app store, standard version, and I cannot get the new behavior to work.

I find the old behavior very annoying, this would make omnigraffle almost perfect!

Works here using 5.4.2 on 10.6.8 with the non-AppStore version. Perhaps you had OmniGraffle open when you pasted the necessary line into the Terminal app?

In the Terminal, do:

Code:
defaults read com.omnigroup.OmniGraffle
and make sure the line
Code:
    UseOldBezierPathLayout = NO;
appears in the output.

I'm using omnigraffle 5.4.2 on OSX 10.7.4

I did have omnigraffle open the first time, but have since tried it without omnigraffle open, and I have also tried reinstalling omnigraffle (deleting both omnigraffle in Applications, as well as all default domains, and all preference files I could find in <Username>/Preferences. The required line is in the defaults. Any other ideas?

Last edited by calebg; 2012-09-02 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: Add extra details

Well, I just booted up 10.7.4 and it worked without a hitch. On the off chance that the issue is you're somehow not getting the configuration string correct, I've attached a small Applescript which will kill OmniGraffle and configure the new option. Make sure you've saved any work in OmniGraffle, because it won't ask if you want to save changed files! After downloading the linked file, double-click on it to unzip, then double-click the resulting "Enable new OG line mode.scpt" file to launch the AppleScript Editor. Click the Run button, then try OmniGraffle again. If it still isn't working at that point, I'd say your best bet is to call up the Omni support ninjas on Tuesday and have them figure it out: 800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Enable new OG line mode.scpt.zip (1.1 KB, 673 views)

Thanks for all your help. I tried your script to no avail. Something strange is clearly going on. I'll call support tomorrow and see what they say, then post back here.

Thanks again for your help!

One thing you could try while you wait is creating another user account. If it works there, then you know there's something messed up in your main account, but the installation is fine.