The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Frequent Crashes on iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Seems to work well synching with the desktop version through MobileMe (what a stupid name) however often when I'm editing an action or trying to set the time on start or due time, OF for Iphone crashes. Happens a lot.

J.

I'm very sorry for the trouble this is causing! If you manage to figure out a way to provoke a crash, it would be very helpful if you could send us any information you put together.

Unlike our Mac apps, crash reports for iPhone applications go to Apple, and we're not aware of any mechanism for them to send the reports on to us. We need all the info we can get our hands on. We'll get the crashes fixed, but we have to figure out how to reproduce them.

Here's what I found:

I installed OF, got it running on the iPhone. Couldn't get webDAV to work on OSX server so I signed up for the trial period of the vastly overpriced MobileMe to get sync working (I was successful). At this time, when I would edit an action and especially when dealing with start or due times, it would crash but only when I selected something (time, finished editing the title etc...).

That still wasn't so bad.

Then I got playing with the NearBy capabilities. Crashing at about the same time and same ways but it seemed to be much more often. But here's the kicker, when I opened Maps on the iPhone and set it to current location, it would crash every minute or two - completely unstable. I did the turn off the iphone routine (hold the power button down for 2 seconds) to reset things. That seemed to have helped, and may have fixed the problem.

However, I also turned off in my MobileMe account the syncing with email and contacts. All that syncs now is calendar and OF.

Incidentally, the push contacts part of MobileMe is pure, stinky, crap. When you turn it off, it causes your iphone to empty its contact database. You need to go back to iTunes and force it (not just sync it) to download all the contacts straight to the phone again. Beware.

J.