The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature request: Date picker Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

First, let me say thank you for a great suite of products - I think I've got them all now. I use OmniGraffle pretty much daily, plus more recently I've got OmniFocus and OmniOutliner and they see a lot of use too, although I'm still experimenting with the best way to organise data in them.

On the OmniOutliner feature request - I have a document with which I'm tracking all the action points that were discussed on meetings, with one column set as Due Date and its type set to Date. At the moment, I have to enter the dates manually (I know about the relative dates like 'tomorrow', 'next week', etc), and this means I have to switch from OmniOutliner to iCal and back when I want to visualise when a certain action point is to be acted on by. Also, as there are number of date formats available, sometimes it's not obvious which one is actually used in the column. What would really be a great help is if I click on the cell where I normally enter the date, to have a date picker window pop up (similar to the one in OmniFocus) - this way I could visually set the date without having to go to iCal!

Is this something that we might see, either as a feature extension in 3.10 or in version 4?

Thanks!
Best Regards,
mike

Last edited by mkrzysztofowicz; 2012-11-02 at 03:17 PM..