The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roadmap to version 1 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am happy that Omini folks are making daily progress to make OF better. It is right now the program of my choice for organizing my life.

Having said that however, it might be helpful for me and others to know what other features that have not been implemented that you are planning to do before the initial version 1 release.

I know often it's hard to predict all the variations and scenarios, but I assume at least you would have some idea as to what's coming in the horizon.

Thanks.

You can read this interview from Ken (also linked from our blog):

http://macapper.com/2007/09/08/inter...he-omni-group/

From that interview:

Quote:
But what we’re currently working on is finishing three major features (Perspectives, Printing, and email capture), and then we’ll be looking to see what rough spots remain that we need to polish up before shipping a 1.0 release.

Perspectives are in a much better state now than they were, and I'll take this time to highlight a few things about them:

-You can drag a picture to the Perspective Window to assign a new icon for that perspective. (However, we don't yet archive that icon, so keep it somewhere on your filesystem for now, like ~/Pictures or something.)

-You can rename and re-order perspectives in the Perspective Window (finally!).

-Double Clicking in the window, or selecting the menu item will change the current window to that perspective. Holding alt while doing either of the above will open a new window.

-The info view on the left of the save panel for perspectives shows what the current state of the window is, and what the perspective being saved settings will be. I feel this isn't super clear yet, so let us know if you have any feedback there.

-I'll be adding a confirmation dialog before you save over an existing perspective.

-Scripting support will also be coming at some point.

Let us know other thoughts you might have about perspectives, and we'll see what we can do.

Does email capture work at all?

The script does not work at all for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdlockhart View Post
Does email capture work at all?

The script does not work at all for me.
There is no built-in Mail capture yet. Some people are using my Mail scripts. You'll need to install MailTags, the latest version of OmniFocus, and the latest version of my scripts. The scripts include detailed instructions, but I wouldn't call the process user-friendly at all.

I'm very pleased to see that Omni is still planning on true Mail capture and will look forward to retiring those particular scripts.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas View Post
You can read this interview from Ken (also linked from our blog):

http://macapper.com/2007/09/08/inter...he-omni-group/

Let us know other thoughts you might have about perspectives, and we'll see what we can do.
Thanks for the detailed response. I found it helpful. I think perspectives are taking shape, and I'm using it every day.

One thing I love to see is some sort of indication (either numerical or symbol) that shows either context or project is not empty. I think numerical symbol might be better (indicating how many action items), but at this point, I will take anything that shows actions are embedded in the context or project.

Thanks.