The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omniweb 5.5.1 rendering broken... omni developers please respond. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm a long term Omniweb user, but I'm getting a bit aggravated about this issue. It seems that whatever coding changes were made to the current version have broken the rendering in my regular Internet Banking website. I bank with Commonwealth Bank in Australia. After being logged in, there's a 'transfer / transfer money' section that lets you arrange EFT's. The '2. To account or group:*' dropdown menu list (which may be dynamically generated from a database) are now broken on this page. There is no content appearing to populate the list. I am identifying to server as Omniweb. It works fine in latest versions of Firefox and Safari. Identifying as Safari or FF, does NOT help.

I do realize that sites like this may be a problem to check (due to client login). However, this being broken really does make Omniweb a bit pointless for me...which is a shame as I love it. Is there something you can do to fix this? I really don't want to switch to Firefox. :(

Here's the main website, I get to my logon through 'netbank'.

http://www.commbank.com.au

Here's some information from their website after I ran the test link present on the link below. (Note: As far as I can tell, my Javascript IS on...)

http://www.commbank.com.au/netbank/t...emrequirements

Browser Test
Browser Test has finished checking your browsers settings. Please review the information below before continuing:
Operating System:
Macintosh
Browser Type:
Safari
Browser Version:
420)

Browser Settings Tested
Enabled/Disabled
Action to be taken (if any)
JavaScript
Disabled
Enable JavaScript.

Your browser does not seem to support JavaScript. Your browser cannot be fully tested without JavaScript. While NetBank will function without JavaScript, some elements may not display as intended. Use the login or register buttons below to continue.

You might check your adblocking prefs.

If you're looking for a response from the OG, this is more of a "users helping users" community. They do post here often, but don't read every thread. Best bet to get a response is to use the "Help: Feedback..." option from within OW.

FWIW, I get the same (false) Java disabled error message with Safari and FF, despite the fact that js is definitely alive and working fine.

You might also provide feedback to this bank, letting them know that their browser test is inaccurate and their site Mac unfriendly.

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
You might check your adblocking prefs.

If you're looking for a response from the OG, this is more of a "users helping users" community. They do post here often, but don't read every thread. Best bet to get a response is to use the "Help: Feedback..." option from within OW.
I have checked the site with adblocking turned off. Same result I am afraid. I have also submitted this via the feedback... thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheski
FWIW, I get the same (false) Java disabled error message with Safari and FF, despite the fact that js is definitely alive and working fine.

You might also provide feedback to this bank, letting them know that their browser test is inaccurate and their site Mac unfriendly.

Peter
Yep, I have done this, but large institutions, especially banks are notorious for not supporting many browsers officially. This was broken in some way by the latest version of Omniweb - it ceased to function properly as soon as I used the latest version.

Developers - if you are reading this, I would appreciate some feedback.

Please contact OmniWeb's support ninjas directly (in email) by selecting "Send Feedback" from OmniWeb's Help menu. They usually respond within 1-2 business days, and will be able to help you investigate this more thoroughly.

(Sorry for the delay in responding to this question; we do try to monitor the forums, but the best way to reach us is by email.)