The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Preferences > Default Review Time > Fixed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
What does the Fixed/Unfixed setting in the Preferenced for Default Review Time do? I've done a little TIAS ("try it and see" in IRC lingo), but I can't figure it out.

At first I thought it would force all reviews to a single day, but this doesn't seem to be the case, at least retroactively.

Also, what are the Calendar Start Day, Work Day Hours, and Work Week Days for?

Fixed: If on a Monday, you set your review to every one week, and you review it on Wednesday, the next review will still be Monday.

Unfixed: If on a Monday, you set your review to every one week, and you review it on Wednesday, the next review will now be on a Wednesday.

This is my understanding, and others: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=4909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty Crunch View Post
Also, what are the Calendar Start Day, Work Day Hours, and Work Week Days for?
Work Day Hours and Work Week Days relate to what "1 day" or "1 week" means in the Estimated Time field.

See: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...77&postcount=2.

Ah, I see. Thanks!

I think my idea is better (maybe could be a third option): Being able to set the review day in the Preferences somehow, globally. I prefer to do everything on a Sunday.

As for Work Day/Work Week, I never would have figured that out, since I never have any tasks longer than 4 hours or so. Anything longer would be broken up into smaller tasks.

It seems that projects don't add up the times of their components, which is the only way I could see needing an Estimated Time in excess of a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty Crunch View Post
It seems that projects don't add up the times of their components
That would be a very interesting feature.

The Estimated Time field is intended for use with contexts, as in "I have 5 minutes before my next meeting; what can I do in 5 minutes?" However, having the project track the number of minutes/hours remaining in the subordinate actions would give something of a progress indicator.

I wonder if other people would find it useful.

Last edited by dhm2006; 2007-10-05 at 09:46 AM..