The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Task turned Hammock; its effort reduced Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to create a hammock task. In attempting to recreate the tutorial (glue; let glue dry; spray top coat), I've set a "let glue dry" effort of 3H. After creating the dependencies the way I *think* they're supposed to be, and then turning the "let glue dry" task into a hammock, it's duration is reduced to .25H (or whatever effort I set the "spray top coat" task to. In the attached .png, I have no resource attached to the hammock task, but even when I assigned it to a resource "factory", the results are the same. Perhaps my dependencies are wrong.

The attached PNG is how things look just prior to to changing the task 2 to a hammock task.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pre_hammock.png
Views:	657
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	2492  

Last edited by omnibob; 2012-08-14 at 07:59 AM..

Omni explained to me that I just need to set the start date/time of task 3 to wherever is needed, to adjust the length of the hammock. Problem solved.