The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Following up on items with Context = Waiting Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello all,

Is there a way for me to create a conditional task item? For example, in the Project "Fix Car" there are two tasks:

Fix Car
- Repair Shop: Provide estimate (WAITING)
- Authorize car repairs (PHONE)

In the event that the repair shop takes too long in responding, I'd like the next step to automatically change:

Fix Car
- Call repair shop and ask them to hurry their estimate (PHONE)
- Repair Shop: Provide estimate (WAITING)
- Authorize car repairs (PHONE)

Here's the hiccup: If the Repair Shop gets back to me immediately, I never want to see the step regarding pestering the repair shop.

Does this make sense? Is it possible?

Thanks,

Cav

Not exactly. What you could is set up a parallel action group containing both the desired action and the one that has you prod the repair shop, with a start date sometime in the future for the latter. If you don't hear from them, eventually you start seeing the action to call them. If you do hear from them, you just delete the unneeded future action.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	691
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	1099