The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OW Noob Question: Scroll to Top/Bottom? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I just started using OmniWeb and I cannot figure out the keyboard shortcuts for scroll-to-top and scroll-to-bottom. Unlike Safari, command-up and command-down do not perfom these actions but rather scroll through the tabs. Please advise. Cheers.

Spacebar, shift-spacebar (when not in a text input field, obviously). This is actually the same default shortcut in Safari and Firefox too.

Hm, thanks, but these are only the shortcuts for page-down and page-up.

Sorry, my mistake (I only tested on pages too short to notice). Try Home and End.

Well, I was about to say "thanks again but I've got a laptop keyboard" when it occured to me that since those functions exist on full-sized keyboards there must be combinations that produce them on the laptop's keyboard. A quick Google and we've got:
Fn-Left: Home
Fn-Right: End
In addition, some redundant keyboard combos for page up and page down:
Fn-Up: Page Up
Fn-Down: Page Down

So thanks JKT for pointing out those keys... not having a keyboard with them on it I didn't think of them :)

A final related question if anyone knows, though this is probably not the best place for it.
Now that I've discovered the key combos, I'd like to modify ~/Library/KeyBindings/DefaultKeyBinding.dict so that the fn-up/down is remapped to home/end and the fn-left/right to page up/down. What is the code for Fn-ArrowKey?