The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Support multiple keychain entries for a site Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmazzi@gmail.com
If you have more then one, it doesnt fill in anything until you type part of it the first time. After that, it autofills it with the last one you used.
Ok, thanks.

I still prefer the Opera way, here, but that's a matter of taste, I guess. If OW acted the way Safari does—well, it would be just as usable as the Opera way, so what the heck. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zottel
I still prefer the Opera way, here, but that's a matter of taste, I guess. If OW acted the way Safari does—well, it would be just as usable as the Opera way, so what the heck. :-)
Perhaps this would be a good compromise. By default, OW works the way Safari does. Optionally, you can require that OW not fill in any login information until you type in the first two or three letters of your user name. This way, your user name isn't inadvertantly revealed unless someone happens to match the first few letters of your user name, and there's no dialog box to interrupt the login process or reveal everybody's user names.

I really wish that new versions will work like the new Safari :
You start to type the login and it will autocomplete it, with the right password.

You might want to take a look at 1Passwd. It's not quite as convenient as the way Safari works, but it does give you some additional features and benefits.

Its been well over a year since you guys said it would be added in the 5.5 series. Can we get an update on the progress?

My (unclear) statement above meant not for 5.5. This is something we'd still like to do but I'm not sure when it will happen. The next major OmniWeb feature release is probably the most likely candidate but it's yet to be determined what exactly will be a part of that. Sorry to mislead you.

I need the same thing. I've been searching around and changing different settings to no avail. I have several Paypal accounts and several different bank accounts. I hope I am understanding this correctly. This means that I can't use more than one saved account name and password for the same website? I'm not trying to start trouble but I always thought of this as one of the most basic things browsers did. It works in IE, Safari, Firefox and Opera.