The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

What I really want Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OK, I am always going back and forth between OF and OO. What would be very nice is to have one program that combines outlining with Action Items. That way I can review my meeting notes and actions in one place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfoton View Post
OK, I am always going back and forth between OF and OO. What would be very nice is to have one program that combines outlining with Action Items.
One of these scripts may help to integrate the flow of your work:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=10863

--

I'll give them a try but it doesn't look like exactly what I want. i don't want to have to keep two programs open while I take notes and actions. It would be nice if it were one App.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfoton View Post
I'll give them a try but it doesn't look like exactly what I want. i don't want to have to keep two programs open while I take notes and actions. It would be nice if it were one App.
Well, we used to have that, in the form of Kinkless GTD, which was a bunch of Applescript running over an OmniOutliner document. Let's just say that Kinkless' creator promptly upped and moved to work for Omni when they decided to build a standalone app!

There's no reason you can't use OmniOutliner as an application to track your actions; there's even an example in the sample documents collection on the Omni website. IMO, much of the functionality that makes OF interesting to me would be out of place in OO, and vice versa. I'd like to see more support for sharing data between the various Omni apps, but one mega-app that does everything (and has to be priced accordingly) just doesn't seem to be the right approach.