The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Auto scale pictures to fit screen Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey folks,
i would love to see a future wich resizes pictures, wich are opened in a seperate window, to fit screen.

Thanks in advance :)

It really depends on the size and resolution of the original image. This idea is a good one ... but might end up producing heavily pixelated blobs of colour!

I Think Firefox does this in a convenient way

If this ever does get implemented, there should be an easy way to disable it (in preferences, not something obscure like a `defaults write` tweak).
The reason I find this behavior of FF and IE to be extremely annoying is because at least 85% of the time that I'm looking at an image that's not embedded in a webpage, I am *very* interested in seeing the 1:1 quality and size of the image and do *not* want to see a scaled version.
Not to say that such a feature is completely useless, but there really should be a prominent and impossible to miss overlay/indicator of whether the image being displayed is scaled down or not. (Something along the lines of the overlay that appears when viewing a PDF would be perfect.)

As PeeM says, Firefox does this well. It's size to fit, and a simple click on the picture gets you 1:1.

This can be reversed by setting a about:config pref, I believe.

I'd like this.