The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OF, People & Contexts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalError View Post
I am aware of the fact, that I can assign places to a person. But that is not usable for me, since I might have to meet the same person at various occasions and places, thus having one single place assigned to a person would cause great confusion.
Another example of this that bites me quite often is shopping.

I frequent several shops in a couple of towns. Some shops are in both towns, and some items can be bought in several shops. I can easily represent this as a context hierarchy:

@Town A (2 items)
- @Shop 1
-- buy Kettle
- @Shop 2
-- buy Shoes

@Town B (3 items)
- @Shop 1 (another branch)
-- buy Kettle
- @Shop 3
-- buy Shoes
- @Shop 4
-- buy Shelves

This demonstrates several conceptual problems discussed in the thread:
- Tasks can genuinely belong in multiple contexts (I can buy shoes in many shops).
- A context can have multiple places (Shops are not unique).

Clearly if this were allowed in OF as presented, there would be some confusion over task counts.