The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

No way to refresh after changes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
Could everyone that's running into this issue please shoot an email over to omnifocus-ipad@omnigroup.com? This is a known bug, and we'd like to get a better idea of how many people are seeing this. Thanks!
Also, please send us any details you can think of that might help us reproduce this in the lab: we know it does happen (it happened to me just last night!), but whenever we try to reproduce it on demand everything works normally.

(By the way, the workaround is to quit the app and launch it again, after which edits to due dates start updating lists immediately again. I think the trigger for the problem might be related to editing while syncing, but I've tried to reproduce the problem that way and it still worked just fine.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Also, please send us any details you can think of that might help us reproduce this in the lab: we know it does happen (it happened to me just last night!), but whenever we try to reproduce it on demand everything works normally.

(By the way, the workaround is to quit the app and launch it again, after which edits to due dates start updating lists immediately again. I think the trigger for the problem might be related to editing while syncing, but I've tried to reproduce the problem that way and it still worked just fine.)
I've seen this, but I'm not sure what's causing it since next time, it doesn't happen. It did happen when I changed the due dates of certain items, those items would stay in the same view even though they should move away. Sometimes, moving away from the view and returning helps to refresh, or going into the entry dialog box again and reentering the data helps to refresh again.

I'll let you know if I discover a pattern.

Logged this in email but not seen any thread regarding this, is it just me?

When viewing in forecast, I change the due date for something due today to say, tomorrow (or +1 day whatever) and tap done. The forecast view does not show the change for tomorrow. In fact the number badge for today doesn't change. The action is gone... And I have to search for it. Once found by searching the due date is still set to tomorrow but not showing in forecast view for tomorrow.

It does appear again after some fiddling around but need to try and get the sequence I follow to get this to happen - it may well be quitting and restarting the app.

Please be careful changing dates in forecast view, you may 'lose' an action!

I just tested this out by changing the due date of 3 tasks that were flagged as "past". I changed the date to a future date and hit done, then done again on main edit dialog. The task vanished straight away and appeared in the correct column for future date.

I am running iOS 3.2.1 (7B405)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
I just tested this out by changing the due date of 3 tasks that were flagged as "past". I changed the date to a future date and hit done, then done again on main edit dialog. The task vanished straight away and appeared in the correct column for future date.

I am running iOS 3.2.1 (7B405)
Thanks for testing. As I said, this is not the behavior i see all the time. In fact, most of time, this works fine. Once in a blue moon, I've noticed the screen not refreshing, and those tasks stay there even though they need to move away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post

Hi Ken,

I encountered a refresh issue this morning and sent a detailed report to the ninjas. I was not syncing, in fact I don't sync as this is my only OmniFocus product (I do have an account setup with your beta server though, so I'm not aware if background sync was happening).

Unfortunately in my case it wasn't a reproducible use case (err)... as a dev myself, I tend throw things back at the quality engineers when a reproducible use case or at least an identifiable trend is not established, so I feel your pain.

I have experienced this bug, and just sent the following process description to the Omni ninjas:

I have just experienced this bug, and my steps were:

Tap New Action Button (big one, top left) - insert action title, context and project. The project did not exist, so I had to create a new one.
The action appeared in the inbox, despite having both context and project data attached.

I created a second action - tapping New Action Button again, inserted title, context and project - this time using the project title that I had created in the step above.

This action also appeared in the inbox, along with the previous one.

Quit OmniFocus, reloaded it, and they are both now out of the inbox. and in the project I designated.