The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New User: Inbox Question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just switched to OF from Things after reading the iPhone announcement and then further exploring OF.

One thing I have noticed is that when processing my OF inbox, I will take an action and then add a context and project. If I then jump to either the project or context, the action does not appear. It seems that it will not appear until I physically move the action into the project itself.

While I understand this to a degree, I do think it is odd that the inbox is "ignored" when viewing actions based on project or context.

Am I missing something here or is this how it works?

Thanks.

Just learned about the "clean up" command. It worked, but is certainly not very web 2.0.

Sorry for the post without more detailed reading...

At first I hated the need for the clean up, but after using it, it is the only way that I would want it. For example, sometimes as I mark something as done, I realize that there is a further action so I don't want the task to disappear. When I want it cleaned up, I simply use the keystroke cmmd+K.

I'm with steve. I wouldn't want it any other way.

The insignificant cost of having to hit a key command or toolbar button to manually clean up is far outweighed by the sense of control and predictability of a manual clean up. That feeling of having the "rug yanked out from beneath your feet" (whoa, where'd my data go?) is not something I want in a trusted system.