The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The server does not support the following required feature: ETags. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I am using a standard CentOS 6 (apache 2.2.15) WebDAV server,
but when I synch to it I get the above error (more or less, it's translated from Dutch).

I got the impression that since April or May 2013 eTags support was working on other than OmniSync servers? Am I wrong?

thanks,
Ron

When you configure OmniPlan to use a WebDAV server, we run a few quick tests to see if the server has support for a handful of features that syncing will fail without. It sounds like your server didn't give us an eTag. I'm not familiar with that specific server version bug a quick Google search made me realize that many services ask that ETags be turned off for your particular server. It definitely supports ETags. Can you check your configuration files for lines like:

Header unset ETAG
FileETag None

-Tom

I attach a network trace of saving the project for use in wireshark.
Maybe you can deduce which tests succeed and which fail.

Thanks,
Ron
Attached Files
File Type: zip omniplan.zip (2.9 KB, 731 views)

One thing I note is that it looks like you haven't specified a server path to a location you are allowed to PUT files in. In account preferences, you'll need to put a path to a writeable directory for your user. It may well be enough to just put your username in that field (I'd guess that will evaluate to /dav/username) but it's hard to say. Do you have a sysadmin that can help you with that?

-Tom

Thanks, it works now, there was an Alias wring in the server config, they should end in slashes apparently.

One last question. The FAQ says:

"Yes! The best way is to use our own Omni Sync Server as a central repository for all of your projects. (You’ll be able to take advantage of Resource Load Sharing that way, too.) But you can also use any standards-compliant WebDAV server. Tap the Servers button, add details, and pick your project to get to work."

From this you might read that could only use Resource Load Sharing on the Omni Sync Server, not on a normal standards-compliant WebDAV server.
Is that indeed the case, or am I reading it wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Ron

Resource usage sharing should work with any WebDAV server, provided that you have write access, ETag support, and so forth.

-Tom

Tom,

ok, great thanks. Indeed I have everything working on plain CentOS 6. Very happy.

Ron