The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Returning to no folders Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi all,

So after having implemented a long folder hierarchy representing my areas of responsibility, etc., returning to OF I find that I'm longing for the simplicity of a true GTD implementation (see e.g. David Allen Co whitepaper on Entourage): so I'm going to dispense with my folders (right now I'm keeping Work/Personal, but I plan to do away with that soon as well).
I really enjoyed having a "reminder" of my areas of responsibilities and of long-term projects that are more abstract than concrete (e.g.: "X years later, be happy having made decision Y now"). I've found that TaskPaper works really well for me for this kind of stuff, so I'm going to try to have it running across the 3 platforms (Mac, iPhone, iPad) along with OF so I can get both foci.
In the meantime, I'd really love to hear from those of you who have not been using folders for any tips/tricks/advice and/or problems arising with large numbers of projects.

Thanks!