The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Due item does not show in due view. Newbie Question. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I've had a quick look around the forums and couldn't find an answer to this. Due doesn't get a return from the forum search (char string too short?)

I've got a couple of tasks with a date range that should mean they get a little number in next to the project in the LH column and they should show up in the due view.

However, nothing seem to want to make them turn orange/get the number/show up in the view.

The project is active. The tasks are parallel. I've checked that the start time is not just later today.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Matt

You'll get the orange numbers next to a project when these conditions are met:

Project must be active
Action with due date must be active
Due date/time must be less than Due Soon interval in the future
Must not be any overdue items in project

You'll get the red numbers next to a project when these conditions are met:

Project is active or pending
Action in project has due date/time in the past

To expand a little, I find that I can select all the 'orange' and 'red' tasks, and automatically set the focus to their badge-bearing containing projects (or inbox), using the following saved searches in Where in OF:

[Badged]->
tasks where (completed is false) and (due date < soon) and (((status of its containing project is active) and (effectively hidden of folder of its containing project is false or folder of its containing project is missing value)) or (in inbox is true))
[Orange]->
tasks where (completed is false) and (due date > now) and (due date < soon) and (((status of its containing project is active) and (effectively hidden of folder of its containing project is false or folder of its containing project is missing value)) or (in inbox is true))
[Red]->
tasks where (completed is false) and (due date < now) and (((status of its containing project is active) and (effectively hidden of folder of its containing project is false or folder of its containing project is missing value)) or (in inbox is true))
'soon' is defined by the setting under:

OmniFocus > Preferences > Data > Dates & Times > Due Soon

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-07-17 at 06:52 AM..

Thanks for the advice.

The key was the 'soon' setting. When I extended this by a couple of days, I got the information I wanted/expected.