The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF iPhone entries stranded on iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Running latest build of sneaky peak. Synching using Mobileme.

As of today my desktop OF isn't updating to any of the changes I made on my iPhone OF. This stinks because basically I am stuck using my iPhone in the office for now.

Not sure what to do.

I've deleted the local db and restarted but that doesn't work. Looks to me like the iPhone OF database isn't syncing with the mobileme one.

Too bad because up till now I only have rave reviews... minus the slow startup time on the iPhone.

So, your iPhone has the most current copy of your data? Have you tried moving aside the database from MobileMe, and then forcing the iPhone to sync again? That should write out a fresh copy of everything to the MobileMe server. Then force the desktop to do a sync, and if prompted to choose between local and server version, choose the server. That should get everyone on the same page.

Last edited by whpalmer4; 2008-07-29 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: slightly more conservative approach

If the data on your phone is the data you want, you could rename the OmniFocus.ofocus file on your iDisk and then sync again. (If it asks you to use server or local, choose local.) This will push a fresh copy from your phone up to your iDisk. Then you can sync the desktop again and pull down the data from the iDisk. (If it asks you to use server or local, choose server.)

On the desktop you can also check for error messages in Console.

That did the trick thanks!