The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Close tab drawer when only one tab is open Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by afb
I'm guessing such a feature would work like the message drag worked in pre-Tiger Mail.app, where the folder panel would appear on the side you were dragging to.

And I think this would be more useful with dragging links to other windows.
Hmmm, I'd rather not see that in OW. I'm not a fan of windows getting bigger & moving around just because I'm dragging something.

I agree with Forrest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam
This could be a preference, but I'd like the drawer to close if I close all but one tab. Similar to how the "tab bar" on Safari and FF goes away.
I, for one, would vastly prefer a preference, because your feature would make me crazy. I personally want the tab drawer open always, especially when the browser spawns a new window. Half the time the first thing I want to do is open the draw and drag it back into the tab bar of my main window.

With OW's tab implementation (versus the top-of-window tabs in the other browsers), having the tab bar collapsed means the windows reposition themselves if there isn't enough room to open the tab bar when needed--ugh. It's horribly inconsistent UI to have the tab come and go, regardless of browser.

That's why I said "as a preference", which is how the other browsers handle it, too.

Everyone works differently.