The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Interface bug Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I think I've found an interface bug; under certain circumstances, indenting multiple tasks makes them either vanish or go somewhere else. I found it with this structure:

PROJECT
Task1
Subtask1
Task2
Task3

I tried to indent (via keyboard shortcut) both Task2 and Task3 at the same time, and they went away.

Possibly important clue: I notice this behavior only happens when the project is serial, rather than parallel.

If there's an official bug-report form thingy, I'll be happy to file this.

Last edited by MichaelShapiro; 2007-10-09 at 12:06 PM..

There is a "send Feedback..." menu item in the Help menu. Thats what I use to send bugs/feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelShapiro View Post
I think I've found an interface bug; under certain circumstances, indenting multiple tasks makes them either vanish or go somewhere else. I found it with this structure:

PROJECT
Task1
Subtask1
Task2
Task3

I tried to indent (via keyboard shortcut) both Task2 and Task3 at the same time, and they went away.

Possibly important clue: I notice this behavior only happens when the project is serial, rather than parallel.

If there's an official bug-report form thingy, I'll be happy to file this.
Does changing the middle View Bar selector to "Remaining" or "All" recover them?

I think it might be something other than indenting, as I'm unable to replicate the behavior. It might be with one of the View settings, I think the Next/Available/Remaining setting, as there is some screwy behavior about this:

1. Set your view bar to Ungrouped/Unsorted/Next/Any/All
2. Create a new project
3. Enter tasks, but don't bother with indenting them:
PROJECT
Task1
Subtask1
Task2
Task3

4. Select Subtask 1 and indent it (command-])
=> Task 1 gets the "action group" triangle and styling, but Subtask 1 is still at the same visual level as Task 1

5. Select Task 2 and 3 and indent them (commmand-])
=> The project gets rearranged so it looks like this
PROJECT
Task2
Task1
Subtask1
Task3

Task 1 and Subtask 1 both the action group triangle, but everything is visually on the same level.

6. Change from Next to Available or All, and the hierarchy is as you would expect now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Does changing the middle View Bar selector to "Remaining" or "All" recover them?
Whoops - you're right. My bad.

Not a bug!