The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Changing a whole document's spacing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How can I change the spacing after every line in my outline? I would like to add the same amount of spacing to every line.

I'm using version 3.10.3.

Thanks,
Howard

Check out the Row inspector (command-2), Spacing tab. If you open the Utilities drawer and click on the Whole Document line down near the bottom, then make your adjustments in the inspector, the whole document will get the changes, plus any rows you create in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Check out the Row inspector (command-2), Spacing tab. If you open the Utilities drawer and click on the Whole Document line down near the bottom, then make your adjustments in the inspector, the whole document will get the changes, plus any rows you create in the future.
That's what I did, but it didn't work. I also selected everything and tried "Clear Style," but that did not work either.

Before that, I had set the styles for at least one level. Will that prevent whole document changes from taking effect? If it will, is there an easy way to restore an outline to its default styles?

Ah, yes, if you've already styled something locally, a more global change will not override it. So if you set all of your level 1 rows to have a certain amount of space after them, then try to do it globally, the level 1 rows will be unaffected by the global change (but the other rows should receive it). You can bring up the Style Attributes inspector (command-5) and delete individual style attributes as needed.