The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

subgraph questions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've just upgraded to OG Pro 5 and it works very nicely. Great work!

I'm still trying to get used to subgraphs however. This is a very nice feature, but as currently implemented seems awkward (or, alternatively, my use of the feature is awkward!).

First, it seems there should be some keyboard commands for creating, expanding, and collapsing subgraphs. If someone is going to use this feature, they'll probably use it a lot, so a series of shortcuts would be helpful.

Second, for me personally the real power of subgraphs would be in how I use the presentation mode of OG. So if I can't expand, collapse subgraphs in presentation mode it still serves a useful but very limited role for me. But, on the other hand, if I could expand, collapse subgraphs in presentation mode then that would be something very special! Am I missing something? Will this be added in the future?

I will upgrade to Pro the day they have presentation mode expand

I also vote for collapsible / expandable subgraphs, especially in presentation mode.

Collapsible subgraphs and collapsible outline sub-trees are certainly essential, but do be sure to submit the request through OG's main menu Help > Send Feedback ...

Feedback requests are formally logged and counted, but a voice on the forum may later turn out to have been an unheard voice in the wilderness ...