The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Numbered list feature of Omni Forums overwrites lines Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I tried using the numbered list feature in the Omni Forums' message editor (numbered lines button above the Message field).

The popup dialogs (which just happened to cover where I was writing in the Message field) prompted me for several lines. When I completed the sequence (with a blank line), this is all that appeared in the message:
[/LIST]
I see the same failure in OW 5.5sp3, WebKit r12177 and a recent WebKit nightly.

The list feature works fine in Firefox 1.5.0.1, producing all lines (with curly braces to keep vBulletin from interpreting the tags):
{LIST=1}
{*}xxx
{*}yyy
{/LIST}
Moving the list dialogs out of the way, it's easy to see what's happening. Each line of inserted text is selected. So it's replaced by the next line, ultimately leaving only the last line.

It's not clear whether this is a WebKit or vBulletin problem.

-- Ward

[copy of my emailed bug report]

I was reminded of this bug by having a numbered list get eaten again.

WebKit r13893 still has this bug.

This time I checked OmniWeb 5.1.3, which works fine. Since OW 5.1.3 and Firefox are OK, this clearly seems to be a WebKit bug (unless vBulletin is doing something different when it detects WebKit).

I found this old topic while searching for comments about vBulletin.

I was please to discover a while back that vBulletin's numbered lists and bullet lists work fine in OmniWeb 5.6sp5.

Case closed.