The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't input date other than today Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm new to OO so this is hopefully a very easy fix!

I have modified the to do template by adding due date and completed date columns. I set the column format to Date type for both. Now when I try to enter a date in either of the columns, it always enters today's date.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Can you send us a screen capture of what you are entering before you press return, tab or enter? I just opened a new document with the To-Do template, added a Due column and a Completed column, and when I enter 8/31 for Due and press the tab key, it puts 8/31/09 in, just like one would expect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 6.png
Views:	589
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	1035  

Here are screen shots of the text I enter, the column after hitting the tab key and the format settings I have for the column.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Date Insert.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	1037   Click image for larger version

Name:	Date after tab.jpg
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	1038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Column Format.gif
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	1039  

Ah, okay, you're using a different format than OO is expecting. If you pull up the Column Type inspector, you can edit the date format. I think if you select Custom Format... and enter "%m%d%y" it should accept those dates.

Thanks. That did it. I expected it to parse any appropriate string as the date and then format it according to the set parameters. It's working fine now.